Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Road trip

We are hitting the road tomorrow morning for a 10-day road trip.  I've prepared as well as I could and have lots of snacks and treats and activities for the road.  We have a 6-hour drive ahead tomorrow, but we've given ourselves all day to do it, so I'm hopeful it won't be too dire. The other legs of the trip are about 3 hours each, so the other driving days won't be so bad until the return day, which will be a marathon of 9 hours or so.  I'm looking forward to seeing friends and family, getting out into the woods, watching Henry interact with nature, and spending lots of time together as a family.  
Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Have fun! I cannot speak to traveling with a preschooler and an infant, but we've done 2 road trips with Z (one 7 hours each way @ 12 months, and one marathon 18 hour day @ 4 months) and she did better than we expected. Plan on stopping WAY more than you'd like- just to let them out of the carseats for awhile. Good luck and post lots of pics!