Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day


We had a busy and fun Father's Day.  We've adopted a plot in the new student-run vegetable garden on campus, next to the baseball diamond, and today we planted a lot while Agatha played on her blanked and Henry ran all across the fields and jumped off every rock and stump in the area.  Then we had cherry pie made with the cherries we picked yesterday.  Summer goodness!  Love to all the wonderful fathers out there, and to our fathers who are no longer here with us.  I am so grateful for my wonderful dad.  Now that I have a daughter, I see the joy she takes in her dad and I'm so happy she will have that special bond too.  I miss him very much, and wish he could enjoy these summer days with us.  But I'm grateful for all he gave me, and for our many wonderful years together.  

p.s., Hey, I know our bare plot looks terrible next to the students' plot!  They got started a lot earlier, and just released these extra plots to first comers among the staff last week.  We are excited to have a place to garden with full sun, since our small yard is very shady.  I hope it'll start looking more impressive in a few weeks!

No comments: