Saturday, June 20, 2009

Friendly's

Today Mom took us out for lunch at Friendly's, following a morning of grocery shopping and garden centers.  This is a good example of how boring things become fun when you have kids-- everything is interesting to them.  Henry liked choosing from the kids' menu, and ate all of his macaroni and cheese and applesauce because the waitress told him that he needed to do that so that he could have ice cream.  "How did she know that I like pickles?!  I didn't ask for them, but I do like them; how did she know that?"  

When his chocolate ice cream came, it was in a scalloped metal dish.  "The ice cream goes all the way to the bottom," Henry pronounced, noticing the condensation on the outside of the dish.  "If you scoop sideways, you don't spill the sprinkles," he also discovered.  "Did I ask for that?" he said, pointing at the whipped cream and cherry on top.  I explained that putting that on top makes his dessert an ice cream sundae.  "But it's really grown-ups who like that, and when I'm a grown-up I will, but right now I'm just a kid!"  So I ate his whipped cream for him.  

1 comment:

Bernie said...

I love these outings with the kids. Henry is growing and changing so fast as is Agatha.