Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Zen chimes
We had a bit of a rough afternoon yesterday, but by 6 pm Agatha was sleeping, and Michael, Henry and I sat down to eat dinner together. By way of making conversation, I started mentioning to Michael all the things Henry had told me about his day on his way home from school. "Henry made a globe today using a balloon." "No, Mom, not a globe, it was the world; we put all the continents on it." "Okay. And Henry came home with a snakeskin in his backpack." "He did?! Where did you get that, Henry?" "From Tate's class. And I saw geckos and lizards and snakes there!" "Who is Tate? Is he a teacher?" "No, he's a friend." [Hmmm...] "And Henry got to ring the chimes today." "No, not the chimes, Mom, the ZEN CHIVES." [Imagine this said forcefully, in the most un-zen-like manner, with a mouthful of pasta.] "The ZEN CHIBES." [He's still trying to pronounce it correctly.] "The zen chimes?" "YES, THE ZEN CHIVES." Ah, Montessori school!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment