Saturday, April 18, 2009

Springtime!




At last, we had a beautiful, warm crystal-clear day today.  Everyone was outside enjoying it.  We had a very early dinner on Mom's porch, chatting with the neighbors who stopped by to check out the construction next door.  Henry ate a ton of grilled chicken and ice cream, and Agatha ate a ton of grilled zucchini and asparagus.  (I guess they are like Jack Sprat and his wife right now.)  With the skin cut off the zucchini, she could gum it to oblivion, and her asparagus technique is to snap her gums down on it and then yank it out, stripping out the good "meat" and leaving a bunch of strings in her fist.  Yummy.  She gets VERY annoyed if you take something out of her mouth, like an indigestible piece of zucchini skin.  She is easy-going and happy, but still a fierce individualist who does not like to be thwarted or humiliated.  Maybe all children are like that, but I certainly see in both of mine a strong sense of pride.  

1 comment:

Bernie said...

What a delightful dinner it was! I loved watching Agatha wolf down the asparagus and the zucchini. She is as enthusiastic eater as her brother. Henry really is meat and fruit eater, though he also loves pasta and rice.

We ate outside on my back porch and I can just see many more wonderful meals there. Life is good!