Agatha and I got back Sunday evening from a trip to Austin, where we ate good TexMex and marveled at the darling Gustaf. So smart! So happy! So good at accessorizing! I also sort-of attended a conference while we were there. I will post pictures when Mom emails me some! My camera was left behind with Daddy and Henry. They had many adventures while we were gone, including attending Pirate Weekend at the Renaissance Faire (again, pictures to follow when I get some) and riding the city bus to the toy store to buy Legos. Bus! Pirates! Legos! Sword-swallowing! Henry really didn't miss us at all.
Now I'm preparing to go to Paris for two full weeks. No kids. Michael will stay home with them for ten days, then fly to join me for the last six days while Mom keeps body and soul together here. I'm fantastically excited, and a little nervous. I'm pretty sure the kids will do fine. Their caregivers will be challenged, but will be all right. I'll have a great time, but miss them terribly!
So, this October is probably the least mommying month for me in four years, since Henry was born. Maybe Daddy will have to be the guest blogger. I feel a heady mixture of excitement and guilt.
1 comment:
Have an exciting time, Amelia. It is wonderful that your children are in such capable hands. Also, you must elaborate in the future about the "accesorizing" that Gus does so well. What? Again, enjoy these happy times, and get a little work done too. Love, Grace
Post a Comment