We went apple-picking again today (and I again forgot my camera) and came home with two big pumpkins as well. Henry carved his this afternoon-- well, I wielded the knife, but he cleaned it all out and made the design. We also walked downtown and went out for breakfast, and made apple dumplings for dinner. It was a great day and I would like here to publicly repent for calling Henry a contrary pain-in-the-#*% a couple of posts back. (Although he sometimes is.)
Agatha is on the cusp of both walking and talking. Last fall, when she was only two or three months old, Michael swore that when he took her outside to look at the big "crow conventions" gathered in the trees she would say, "caw caw." Well, now she definitely DOES say "caw" when she sees a bird, loudly, carefully and deliberately. She loves birds and often gets a big smile on her face when she spots one-- just a look of quiet satisfaction. She also says "ball" for anything ball-shaped-- like our apple dumplings tonight, or a pumpkin on someone's porch. I first thought she said "ball" in early September when we were in West Virginia, but now it is pretty clear and consistent. She also is working on "hot" and "hat." She learned how to blow kisses from Gus, and it is the cutest. I was reading her a book yesterday where there is a line, "Their mama hugged them" and she blew me a kiss! Comprehension!
Henry was clowning tonight at dinner, giving us a funny face for when you eat something too hot, and we were all laughing, Aggie included. It was just a sweet moment in the family ecosystem.
No comments:
Post a Comment