Wednesday, June 1, 2011

bathroom spruce-up

Last week, Michael was away at Dartmouth doing work with the Maxfield Parrish archive in their library. He was actually gone for 9 full days, people! I decided to spend that week giving our tired old yellow bathroom a facelift, since we'd be out of our normal routine anyway, and I'd have to work around one fewer person. I did most of the work while the kids were at preschool in the mornings, and my mom helped out tremendously, picking them up most days and loaning me her car to go out and buy supplies. I know it doesn't look much improved in the pictures below, but you have to imagine that the walls and ceiling were peeling from old water damage, so even though it's still just white, it's much cleaner, brighter, and nicer. And above: Agatha and Henry in their double-wide "house" on the front porch. Notice the shrewd use of a structural beam above! Everyone was into home improvements last week, I guess.

BEFORE:
AFTER:


BEFORE:

AFTER:

2 comments:

Bernie said...

Great pictures of the bathroom redo and the kids' porch project! The bathroom looks great and you should be quite proud of yourself!. A long, busy week but a productive one for you! I think it turned out so well and l'm glad Michael likes it.

GRP said...

Ian and you must have been channeling each other,Amelia. He too was working on a bathroom. Paint, new fixtures, etc. but no tile work, etc. Good work to both of you and to your children for cooperating with Gran's help. Love, Auntie Grace