Sunday, May 15, 2011

Big girl


Agatha has been sleeping in a big girl bed-- or as she likes to call it, a bed shaped like a rectangle-- for two weeks now. The transition was seamless! She slept well in it the first day, and never looked back, unlike Henry who shuttled back and forth between the crib and the bed for a month or so. She is getting more imaginative all the time, singing little made up songs and telling fantastic tall tales, many of them about how she can fly like a bird. She still loves birds of all sorts and talks about woodpeckers, crows, and cardinals frequently. We got her sheets with a birdhouse motif for her new bed. She is very attached to Mama right now, and while this is sometimes tiresome it is usually quite magical to have this small, perfect, beautiful person gazing adoringly at me and talking seriously and at great length to me about all sorts of fantastical topics.

3 comments:

Bernie said...

She is such a beautiful, imaginative, creative little girl with a great sense of humor and such a sense of joy within her! What a blessing to be a part of her life.

GRP said...

Whew, the blog is back! I was getting soooooo lonesome. Agatha is a treasure, her Great Grandma Ruth liked birds too and often drew and painted them-they and Agatha are pretty magical. Love, Auntie Grace

Jill said...

She is beautiful! I rarely have the chance to look at blogs but I always love to look at yours when I do.