One year ago, I went out to dinner with a group of colleagues and a guest speaker who was in town to talk the next day at the college-wide symposium on Visual Studies. I ate soft-shell crabs (hmmm, not a great choice as it turned out), then came home after Henry was already asleep. Here I am, above, in my cutest maternity dress, on my way out to dinner. And below, here I am about 10 am the next morning, eating lasagne and holding Agatha! (Notice that Henry is wearing the same shirt. He probably slept in it.)
I went into labor around midnight, got to the birth center at 3 am, and Agatha was born at 4 am. We were back home again by 8 am. In fact, as I drove up, I thought, "I could still make it to the symposium..." But no, I missed the symposium. It was funny timing from Henry's perspective-- I left the house the evening before to go out to dinner, and the next time he saw me I was bringing home a baby the next morning.
2 comments:
I love this! It brings back all of those lovely memories! It was quite impressive that you went out to a dinner with colleagues, came home, and then gave birth to our beautiful Agatha, came home again (!) and then got up the next morning to what Henry must have thought as a normal day ! What a wonderful, exciting, busy year it has been! I'm so glad I'm here to be a part of everything!
Happy birthday Agatha! Hope we get to meet you in year 2!
Post a Comment