Mouths to feed
We have had homemade pizza as a regular weeknight meal for years. I usually eat 3/8ths of it, and used to give Michael the last piece of "my half". Since Henry's been around, he's eaten that last eighth, so Michael still eats half, and I still eat as much as I want. Perfect! But tonight, I made pizza-- with spinach, squash, and basil fresh from our garden plot-- and left the table hungry. First Agatha ate more than half of my first piece, and then just as I settled down to my second piece, Henry announced, "More! More! More! Can I please have more pizza, please?" So I had to give him the rest of mine. As I count it, that's 1/8 for Agatha, 1/4 for Henry, 3/8 for Daddy, and 1/4 for Mommy. This is not going to work, people! And if I have to make something else to stretch the pizza to four appetites, then it loses its major convenience factor (soup AND pizza?). What is the solution? Two pizza stones?
2 comments:
Yes, I think the answer is two pizza stones! Wouldn't that be a nice late birthday present from your mom? One pizza is just not going to be big enough for all of y'all!
I was wondering when this day would come!
Post a Comment