Lessons learned are the following: 1., Michael is not a wimp. I tend to be a bit heartless and impatient when he's sick, and I really need to stop that! 2., It says something about the pace and demand of our daily lives that on Saturday morning, when his ankle was still really hurting and I was calling friends and neighbors trying to locate crutches for him, we decided that it was easier for him to *go to New York with a broken ankle* than to stay home and take care of the kids while I went instead. 3., We're not as young as we used to be.
The good news is that it was a clean break and there was no displacement, so no pins or plates or surgery are called for. He's in a space-age inflatable cast that he can remove for sleeping or bathing, and can hobble around on. He feels like it's getting better already, but the doctor says to expect four weeks in the cast, and then we'll see. Poor Michael! (and, selfishly, poor me, who now must fetch and carry and run up and down stairs for another Clapper for a little while...)
5 comments:
You both have my admiration! Michael for doing everything with a broken ankle and you for handling all of your regular chores and responsibilities, along with the added ones.
I hope Michael's ankle continues to heal rapidly.
Oh, my goodness. Oh, Michael! NYC on a broken ankle...? Be patient, heal, and Amelia, you will have to be oh so patient too! These little inconveniences help us to be grateful for our otherwise excellent health, right?
Michael, eat more sardines.
Take the time you need to heal correctly, you'll be stronger and better for it!
I'll bet that Henry and Agatha can be good helpers for you, too, if you let them!
Love,
K & T
Oh, my word. Michael, heal quickly and fully! Amelia, bear up!
Poor Michael, take care, heal well and do what you are supposed to do. In the end, with a stong ankle and no pain, you will have great hiking days ahead. Love, Grace
Post a Comment