Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Gran to the rescue

My mom has been a huge help to us during these busy weeks. Sunday she fed us meatloaf, potatoes and green beans and provided a calm respite after Henry's birthday party. Monday she collected Agatha when she was dismissed at an odd time (still phasing-in!) during my class, then returned to watch both kids so Michael and I could attend the faculty meeting (and so I could take the minutes; I'm the faculty secretary again this year). Plus, she brought over leftovers: the meatloaf restyled into sandwiches with nice bread, the beans remade into three-bean salad, and the potatoes accompanied by a chopped onion, ready to saute into fried potatoes. So this was my delicious, mom-provided dinner plate last night, and much appreciated! Today she picked up Henry from school, took him out to lunch and to the toy store for his birthday. All in all, she is a capital Gran. Thank you, Mom!!!!

4 comments:

Bernie said...

I loved doing it too! Henry & I had a great outing - that boy can eat! He was on his best behavior and we had a lovely day. I'm so fortunate to be nearby.

GRP said...

Yay for grandmas!!Auntie Grace

Crispinus said...

I envy you, which is to say that I am happy for you that you have family so close and so engaged.

Meagan said...

Hooray for Bernie! You are so lucky - or rather, smart! What mutual happiness your presence in Lancaster brings. It is good for kids, good for mama, good for gran. Lots and lots of goodness.
And also, Bernie, I love your creative restyling of leftovers. I feel like Martha Stewart should be informed of your gifts in this area.