
Dr. Agatha Clapper

Learning chess this morning

Last year I canned 12 quarts and 24 pints; this year it was 19 quarts and 23 pints. I did it all in one day, yesterday. The universe and its inhabitants conspired to make it easy: the day was cool and cloudy; my tomatoes were waiting for me at the farmstand where I'd requested them; Henry played outside all day and Agatha played on her own with her new baby and doctor kit; and my mom fixed us dinner at the end of the day. I kept my canner boiling from 10:30 am till 5 pm, and stocked my cupboard for the winter. Such a good feeling!
2 comments:
Very impressive! I'm amazed that you canned so many tomatoes in just one day! I'm sure that's more than I ever did in a day.
Love the photos of Aggie taking care of her baby and Michael & Henry playing chess!
Fantastic-canning is such work and such fun all at the same time. Auntie Grace
Post a Comment