Monday, July 26, 2010

Pigtails

Here's our big girl in her first hairstyle: pigtails. She looked fabulous but REALLY disliked the process of messing with her hair. She's never gotten a trim in all the days she's been on this planet, and her hair is now quite uneven: the top layers in the back are long and straight, and the hair underneath is shorter and wavy. I suggested a trim to even it out to a little blond bob but her father wouldn't hear of it. "No cut hair!" Agatha agreed. But in this relentless heat, her hair annoys her. So I tried the pigtails. Hmmm. Maybe before the big, momentous First Day of School this fall, I'll tidy it up.

Agatha is looking more and more like Michael to me lately, and in these photos (taken by her creative babysitter, Kendall) you can see the concentration on her art that is also similar to her dad. She paints with Kendall almost every day they are together.
The children are definitely partners in crime a lot of the time. As Agatha gets bigger and more fun, Henry likes to play with her more. She runs around after him and does whatever he's doing, and he likes her anarchic side, the way she calmly and deliberately breaks the rules: "Aggie just dumped all the fishfood in the pond, Mom!" Gales of laughter.

3 comments:

Bernie said...

All of the photos are adorable! Love the pigtails and the one of Agatha & Henry is wonderful!

Crispinus said...

Who said, "No cut hair?" Aggie or Michael?

Jill said...

Wow!! I have not looked at your blog since Mae was born and Agatha looks so much older. She is a doll. I love her hair in pigtails and all the pictures are adorable.