O Agatha! Never any bedtime ritual; we just say "it's time for night-night!" and she cheerfully blows kisses and says "bye-bye!" I put on her pjs, nurse her, and lay her down in the bed. That's it, and that's all it's ever been since she was a tiny girl. Never any protest (am I tempting the Curse of Blogspot by writing this?). She is vigorous and spirited, loud and determined, but always full of a deep happiness.
She is also full of surprises lately: today I noticed a molar glinting in the back of her mouth! She only has five teeth in the front-- two up, two down, and one bonus little one on the top-- so I didn't even think to check for molars, but lo and behold one came in without us even noticing it. She is saying so many words now: new ones lately are "uh-oh!", "down" and "guy." Today she told me she pooped-- she got my attention (by standing up in her desk) and then very clearly and deliberately said "poo! poo!" (this is an improvement over "ppp," which was what she used to say, a kind of spittlely-raspberry). "Did you poop?" I asked. She grimaced, said "uh," and pointed to her diaper.
Agatha, the Good! You delightful girl. We love you!
2 comments:
She is indeed an amazing, happy, beautiful child and I am thrilled that I live around the corner from her!
I didn't know about the molar but now I will have to check that out. I also think you need to get her a potty!
Amelia, I love this! I just wrote an ode to Gabriel much like it...Agatha really does have a deep happiness about her. Such a sunny person, so generous and dear. I was thinking about bedtime routines in our house - G is just the same: he has a bath, we put on pajamas, he cheerfully says night night to Mike and Frances, I nurse him and he snuggles down in his crib. That's it. Can it be something about 2nd children? I like that we both get to enjoy such happy little children, and that they are similar in these ways. But I don't want to detract from the singular sweetness of Agatha, something that is not about birth order - it is just who she is!
We can't wait to see her, and all of you...
Post a Comment