Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Napolis

Posting a sign at the entrance to their fort: No Good Guys (later crossed out and replaced with: No Bad Guys).


Two kings, checking out the boats downtown.

Gabriel and Henry on the tandem slide.

This past weekend we went to Annapolis to see our dear friends. Henry and Frances spent a lot of time together when they were between a year and three years old, and have had an intense, sibling-like relationship. This used to make for a lot of scrapping and freaking out, but this time was different. They have blossomed into a lovely, four-year-old world of dress-up and make-believe (that's a lot of hyphens) and they played together all day and all evening and shared a room all night without fighting once. Frances even graciously offered that Henry could take home the glittery gold cape and keep it until he was five. Only the adults misbehaved; over dinner, we had a boring argument about how idealized our baby blogs are. So there: I put that unidealized detail in, at least! Thanks Mike and Meagan, and we look forward to our next trip to Napolis!

2 comments:

Bernie said...

Great photos of what looks to have been a wonderful weekend. Francis and Henry had such a good time together. What a precious thing their friendship is.

Meagan said...

Amelia, what a perfect summing up! I am still glowing with happiness over our fabulous big kids. Frances was very grouchy after you left - understandable - but I plied her with promises of a fun springtime visit.
We keep finding things H left; I hope he is not missing his crayon case, Elmo doll, or little army men too too much. There is a chance we'll come for a short visit in Feb and could return toys then - I'll keep you posted!
For now I'm all stirred up about this job possibility. More on that soon.
We loved having you all here. It really was lovely, blog debates and all.