

It's been a week since I posted anything, because I was busy planning my "Mad Men" themed party, which we had Saturday night. The reason this belongs on my family blog is this: my entire family very sweetly indulged me as I threw my energy for most of a week into this project. The kids put up with less attention, Michael dug up a killer outfit and mixed drinks all night, and my mom... well, I certainly couldn't have done it without her. She took the kids on Saturday afternoon and fed both kids dinner so I could make the final preparations, and she kept Henry overnight on Saturday. Not to mention loaning me half the items in her china cupboard and her precious 1965 Better Homes & Gardens cookbook! Plus she was generally on call for the last half of the week.
Henry did so great! He watched TV and got ready for bed over at Gran's, then came over to our house to take a peek at the party. He couldn't go to sleep before he had checked out the scene. He brought down his "Rody pony" horse and bounced around the house a little to show off, then put on his pirate hat to join in with the costume-party spirit. Then he went back home with Gran and went to sleep in the giant bed on the third floor, and slept till 7 am. I was so proud of him; it was his first sleep-over at Gran's house. When I went to get him the next morning, he begged to sleep over again. So, thank you Mom, and Michael, and Henry, and Agatha for letting me throw this super-fun party!
3 comments:
Great pictures of the party! You look perfect in your great outfit and the food! Wow! It looks so authentically 60's. Everyone looked terrific in their 60's gear. The kids were so good when I watched them, especially Henry on his first overnight visit.
Glad your party was such a success.
Jeepers, creepers, that looks like fun. What a brave girl and happy brithday girl to plan such a great party--loved the jello salads and the deviled eggs. We still eat both, but not often. Love, Grace PS. You look terrific, Amelia- 40 does a body good!
Very very cool. I love it!
Post a Comment