Sunday, July 12, 2009

Brotherly love

This photo shows Henry hugging Agatha and making her laugh. The last two or three weeks they have started to play and interact together more and more, and it makes me so happy. I never laid an expectation on Henry to love Aggie; I knew it was kind of a bummer for him to have this baby taking up so much of my time, and I didn't want him to have to pretend feelings he didn't really have. And he was pretty indifferent to her (at best), for the first several months. But now he really seems to enjoy being with her, making her laugh, and seeing her accomplishments. He loves to point out when she did something all by herself, like standing up. He likes to be the one to carefully lower her to a seated position when she gets stuck standing up. And she adores him, laughing her head off when he shakes his head wildly or makes a funny noise. Oh, the joy I feel when I see them happy together!

1 comment: