Today was a good example of the simple pleasures of having Mom in Lancaster: Henry was off school and Michael was working, so Mom, the children and I went out to Target together, to the fabric store to buy material for her shower curtain, and then to Thai food for lunch. I can't say it was the most relaxing lunch ever, but it was sweet to be dining out all together. Henry ordered vegetables with tofu and then the waitress came back to say they didn't have any tofu today. "But I want tofu!" he wailed. "Can we please go to another store than has tofu?" He was consoled by eating all of his and Mom's dumplings. He had a busy day, spending lots of time at Gran's watching the construction next door, and then working with me washing the front porch, restacking the firewood on the back porch (he is excellent at these things), and mowing the lawn. He is very competitive (where DOES he get it?), and lately everything is a contest, from eating oatmeal the fastest to lifting more logs at one time ("am I stronger than you, Mama, or are you stronger than me?"). Agatha continues to smile winningly at all strangers and to give them her "touchdown" salute.
1 comment:
It was a lovely day! I found some nice fabric and the lunch was so good. What other 3 year old would wail for tofu?! And eat his broccoli and other vegies. Also he remembered to say thank you and good bye to the waitresses. He also explained that he was full and couldn't finish his lunch so was pleased when they said they would send it home with him.
Henry love seeing all of the action on my street and watched avidly, only taking a break to have some crackers. He also corrected me when I said the vehicle across the street was a crane - he reminded me it was a "man-lift"! Of course he was right.
He is such a delight!
Post a Comment