Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sentence Enhancers

Henry woke up cool and cheerful this morning, so his mystery fever seems to be behind him, thank goodness.  

One funny thing Henry's been doing lately is polishing his idiomatic expressions.  Michael refers to it as his "sentence enhancers," after an episode of SpongeBob where the characters use bad words.  We were driving by some large natural gas storage tanks a couple of weeks ago and Henry said, "What is THAT the heck?"  He also calls Michael and me "guys," as in, "Okay, night-night guys!" or, as he said tonight at dinner, "Nice manners, guys!"  (This was not said sarcastically; he was actually praising our manners.)  

1 comment:

GRP said...

Well, this is the night I respond because I have a story similar to yours. I would give Ian and Jill macaroni and cheese from a box only when Jim and I were going out and they needed a quick meal and I needed to get dressed and ready. They thought it was great stuff and I liked the extra time it gave me, and then one time it appeared on the table out of the blue and they both asked me when the babysitter was coming and where Dad and I were going!!! I still have a soft spot in my heart for macaroni (and the packet with the orange powder)--and cheese and the space of time it provided me. The life of a second child is a whole new life!!!Auntie Grace