Friday, January 28, 2011

Out the window



Seems like every couple of days, another snowstorm, and they keep getting a little bit bigger... We had about 8" Wednesday night, and a snow day on Thursday. That tiny green speck in the photo above is Henry, building his snow cave with oculus.

I have been asking myself, why am I not blogging as much lately?
* Less time: Agatha's naps are shorter, and Henry is now home five afternoons a week. I enforce "quiet time" for 1.5 hours each afternoon, but that is taken up with other things-- like napping and reading a magazine!
* Less anxiety: the children are generally more fun and less baffling lately, which means I have less to work out by writing about it. This does not mean I am completely serene; they are also louder, more demanding, and busier. See above.
* Less focus: the things I'm really working on with my spare brain cells do not revolve around the kids lately. I'm trying to produce work (essays and talks and conference papers) on my new research topic; I'm trying to cultivate friendships and spend a lot of time arranging dinner parties and other social engagements; and I'm knitting a lot in the evenings-- that and spending time with Michael, also an important initiative. Some of these things are trivial, some not, but there you are: less blog.

Wait! I hear Agatha calling me from her crib: time to get up from nap! More... later?

2 comments:

GRP said...

Wow, that request was easily met. Thanks. The snow looks beautiful and cold, but beautiful first. I worked out in the front yard for about 2 1/2 hours,pulling weeds. We need a new load of bark to keep the weeds down, but it was sunny and warm and actually fun. Your world might be returning slowly to pre-kid days, and it never will completely, but you can now think of other things--at least more often than a year or two ago. Love, Auntie Grace

Crispinus said...

I hope that whole "Michael initiative" works out.