Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas outtakes


It's been a bit of a rough week on Mary Street: a stomach bug flattened me on Tuesday, got the kids on Thursday, and came back for a second shot at me last night. But we've survived. We even managed to have some festive Christmas fun in between all the yucky stuff.

Santa suspicion
Henry keeping his distance, while showing Santa a picture of the Star Wars lego set he wants. Notice the careful calibration: he's not within arm's reach.

4 comments:

GRP said...

I hope you are on the mend now, some sort of bug has been lurking around our house too. I seem to be clearing my throat more and it hurts to comb my hair--not the best of signs for Holiday fun!! Oh well, we shall hope for the best, as you did!!!Love, Auntie Grace

Bernie said...

I love these photos! it shows what wonderful, independent children you have! Henry showing Santa the Lego picture, but staying at arm's length is priceless! Very much a Henry moment!

I also love that Agatha is interested but wary. Wise thoughtful children you have!

Bernie said...

I forgot to say what a very wonderful photo of Henry when he was in the throes of his stomach illness. A beautiful, priceless photo of a beautiful boy! Even when he is sick he looks so great!

Crispinus said...

I would make a very bad Santa, since I would chase any kids -- with a hearty "Ho! Ho! Ho!" of course -- who tried to procure presents long-distance.

Store security would tase me, I am quite sure, and the children would dance upon my unconscious frame.

PS to readers who don't know me: I am joking.