Monday, March 15, 2010

The big bath

We've now been to Berkeley Springs several times, and Henry really enjoyed the anticipation of knowing the place and the special things we do there. He made it clear that he wanted to go have the Big Bath right away, as soon as we got there. Both kids loved the deep, hot Roman bath and I think it finally helped my sinuses open up. It was so much fun we went back the next day and had another one.


The hiking was lovely; the snow was just melting and pools of deep green moss were appearing. Agatha loves riding in the backpack these days.

Agatha fought with her teeth for much of our visit; I have found molar teething to be really miserable. Both my kids have had bouts of inconsolable crying where nothing really seems to help. But then it seems to go away; it's quite unpredictable.


Here's our messy-faced, grumpy toddler, finally asleep in the car on the way home. Despite the teething, coughs, and colds, we had a great time in West Virginia, and I especially loved Henry's enthusiasm this time.

3 comments:

Bernie said...

Beautiful picture of Agatha asleep! Wonderful description of Henry's love for Berkeley Springs. How great that you were able to get away!

Jill said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. It sounds like you had a great time. Love the picture of Agatha....teething is the pits!

Meagan said...

About time I checked in for these beautiful pictures from WV! I've been wondering how your trip was. Those baths sound heavenly just now, even with all this perfect spring weather. Gabriel is having an awful time of it with his molars coming in too. All I can say is I hope it's all over for both our toddlers soon!
And another thing, apropos of your last comment: you are an amazing mother. A source of inspiration for me, really and truly. You don't need to be any better, because you already are.